I am currently part-time research assistant at the Department of Cardiology, Medical University of Graz, Graz Austria. My research covers three main topics, evaluating different aspects of atrial fibrillation:
- Pathophysiology of atrial fibrillation (preclinical studies)
- Atrial fibrillation and cardiac procedures (especially transcatheter aortic valve implantation)
- Treatment of atrial fibrillation (cardiac ablation, left atrial appendage closure)
Top 5 publications
- Egger F*, Zweiker D*, Freynhofer MK, Loffler V, Rohla M, Geppert A, et al. Impact of On-Site Cardiac Surgery on Clinical Outcomes After Transfemoral Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement. JACC Cardiovascular Interventions. 2018;11:2160-7. * contributed equally
- Zweiker D, Maier R, Lamm G, Maurer E, Heigert M, Neunteufl T, et al. The Austrian transcatheter aortic valve implantation (TAVI) Registry–3 years’ data. International Journal of Cardiology. 2014;177:114-6.
- Zweiker D, Lambert T, Steinwender C, Weber T, Suppan M, Brussee H, et al. Effects of Renal Denervation Documented in the Austrian National Multicentre Renal Denervation Registry. PloS One. 2016;11:e0161250.
- Manninger M, Zweiker D, van Hunnik A, Alogna A, Prassl AJ, Schipke J, et al. Arterial hypertension drives arrhythmia progression via specific structural remodeling in a porcine model of atrial fibrillation. Heart Rhythm : the official Journal of the Heart Rhythm Society. 2018;15:1328-36.
- Alogna A, Manninger M, Schwarzl M, Zirngast B, Steendijk P, Verderber J, Zweiker D et al. Inotropic Effects of Experimental Hyperthermia and Hypothermia on Left Ventricular Function in Pigs-Comparison With Dobutamine. Critical Care Medicine. 2016;44:e158-67.
|top 20% publications||1||3|
|other publications with impact factor||4||6|
Please find all publications here.
- EuroPCR abstract award (Working Group on Interventional Cardiology, Austrian Society of Cardiology, 2018)
- Abstract in Featured Poster Session (Annual meeting of the Austrian Society of Cardiology, 2018)
- Study Grant Support for the dissertation (Medical University of Graz, 2016)
- Poster award (Austrian Society of Hypertension, 2016)
- Resident’s award (Austrian Medical Council, 2015)
- Poster award (Austrian Society of Hypertension, 2015)
- Diploma thesis awards (Scientific Society of Doctors in Styria, 2015)
- Study Grant support for the thesis (Medical University of Graz, 2013)
- Abstract selected for the Best Abstract Session (Annual meeting of the Austrian Society of Cardiology, 2012)
- Merit scholarship (Medical University of Graz, 2011)
Member of Societies
- Young Electrophysiologists – European Heart Rhythm Association
- Cardiologists of Tomorrow – Austrian Society of Cardiology
- Working Group on Electrophysiology – Austrian Society of Cardiology
- Medicina (2019)
- Journal of Pediatric Intensive Care (2018)
- Circulation – Cardiovascular Interventions (2015-2017)
- Journal of the American Heart Association (2017)
- PLoS ONE (2017)
- American Heart Journal (2017)